What We Believe
What best describes Calvary? Well, the things we really care about are pursuing God passionately, building an authentic and caring community for our church family, exploring new avenues for creativity, influencing the people God has placed in the world around us, and celebrating change that has been brought about by God.
First and foremost, we are about people from many different walks of life coming together to passionately pursue our Friend and Redeemer, Jesus Christ.
At Calvary, we strongly believe in the importance of relationships, which can be seen every time we’re together, whether it’s in the way visitors are greeted when they arrive, in our home groups, at our special events, or when we share coffee together on Sunday.
We believe that God has purposefully and intentionally placed people in our lives to whom we can share the love of Christ and make known the truth of the Gospel through our daily lives. Our church family at Calvary is continually challenged to look for opportunities to influence the world around us and to join with God in what He is already doing in the lives of people we are connected with.
Most importantly, we value God’s Word and His life-changing Spirit who works to conform us into the image of God’s Son, Jesus Christ. That’s what we were created for and, so, as often as possible Calvary is a place where we want to celebrate the exciting changes that God is bring about in people’s lives.
- Emphasis on the Bible as the authority for our doctrine and teaching, and Jesus as the Living Word of God and Supreme Head of the Church.
- Functioning as a relationship-based community of believers, pursuing practical ways to bless, encourage, and build caring relationships.
- A strong belief in the priesthood of all believers, promoting the theme of every member as a minister.
- Emphasizing Home Groups as an important ingredient in the life of every adult at Calvary.
- Supporting missionary families and individuals from our body on long-term mission assignments.
- A determination to prepare and invest in the next generation by embracing Young Adult, Youth, and Children’s ministries.
- Encouraging the mentorship and nurturing of new believer’s and potential ministry leaders—discipleship!
- A desire to do ministry within an environment of team leadership and discipleship.
- Participating as a body in meaningful and fun church events and fellowships.
Our Vision & Mission
Vision: At Calvary we want more of Jesus, and He wants more of us.
Mission: We will pursue and respond to Jesus as we journey together.
You can find three documents pertaining to the doctrinal statement below: