Calvary’s Children’s Ministry is designed to ensure that kids enjoy a creative, relevant, Bible-centric, relational and engaging experience every Sunday morning.
17 Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. 18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. 19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
Our goal and prayer for Children’s Ministry at Calvary is this—that each child would be deeply rooted in God and that they would intimately know and experience how long, how high and how deep the Father’s love is for them. With these verses in mind, we have created a program that shares the same pursuits as the whole Calvary community. We want to give our kids opportunity to:
- Pursue God Passionately
- Explore Creativity
- Celebrate Transformation
- Build Authentic Community
- Influence Our World
We believe it is important for Children’s Ministry to be:
- Learner-based: We incorporate different activities to engage children of all ages and learning styles.
- Experiential: We believe that kids grow in their own personal relationship with Jesus when they are able to engage (physical, emotionally, creatively) with what they are learning.
- Relational: As they walk through our program, the children belong to mixed-age “crews” which are led by leaders from a variety of different generations within our church body.
- Passion-led: We have designed our volunteer roles to reflect our volunteers’ giftings and enable them to share their passions with our kids.
Find our more about our programs for your child's age group:
What to Expect on a Sunday Morning
If you are new to Calvary and have children that would like to participate in the Kidzchurch program, come see us at the sign-in booth when you arrive. We will answer questions, assign your child a crew and give directions on where to go. Our typical Sunday schedule can be seen below.