Kidzchurch – Easter Sunday
Happy Easter Calvary! Watch the video above and then go to Day 8 in your Family Easter Experience pdf with the suggestions below.
DAY 8: JESUS’ RESURRECTION
PASSAGE: John 20:1-18
VIDEO: Watch it here.
- Even Jesus’ closest friends didn’t believe at first that he had come back to life. How did each character in today’s passage react? If you had been Peter, John, or Mary peeking into the tomb, what would have been your first thought?
- Mary was so excited to see Jesus, because she had thought he was going to be dead forever. But Jesus is God’s Son and he couldn’t stay dead—he had to come back to life so that death could come untrue, so that all the people who love him can eventually come back to life too. Do you or I Know anyone who has died that someday will come back to life? How do you think we will feel when we see them? Will we feel like Mary did—excited and joyful and a little bit scared? Or something else?
PRAYER: Jesus, you are amazing! You have ultimate power over sin and death, and we are so grateful to you! Amen.
ACTIVITY: DIY EASTER EGGS
- Hard-boil your eggs!
- Decide how many colors you want. In each cup, add 1/2 cup water, 3 Tbsp vinegar, and several drops of food coloring.
- Drop egg in cup and wait for 3-5 minutes.
- Let dry on the table. (note: paper towel will rub the color off!)
- Using a permanent marker, decorate with special Easter messages.