Kidzchurch – April 19
Today we are talking about the Parables of the Lost Sheep and the Lost Coin from Luke 15:3-10. Please follow the lesson below:
- My Sheep: Memory Verse Song Kidsong Jr. 2015 – John 10:27-28
- Lighthouse: Explorers – My Lighthouse
2. DISCUSSION QUESTION
Take turns sharing with your family about a time you got lost.
3. BIBLE STORY VIDEOS
- The Lost Sheep: The Lost Sheep
- The Lost Coin: The Lost Coin (*play from 1:00-1:47)
4. TEACHING/STORYTELLER VIDEO
*See video above
Pick one child to hide the 10 cotton balls or coins (or whatever object you have 10 of) around the room while the other kid(s) wait in the hall. Once hidden, the others come in to look for the items. Take turns hiding/finding.
Next, ask each child/parent to bring one item that is valuable to them and have one person hide all of those items around the room. Let the finders come back in and look for their valuable item.
- What was different about searching for something important to you, rather than just a coin or cotton ball?
- What did looking for your important item show you about the way Jesus looks for you?
To Jesus, you’re not a random cotton ball or penny. You matter so much! Jesus looks for you, and he’ll never stop wanting to be with you!